The Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment and Expungement (MORE) Act of 2019, or H.R. 3884 passed a huge milestone in Congress! If passed at the federal level, H.R.3884 would:
- Remove cannabis from the controlled substance act, effectively ending cannabis prohibition in the US
- Expunge certain federal cannabis convictions
- Create a Cannabis Justice Office
- Enable the Small Business Administration to issue loans & grants to marijuana-related businesses
- Allow VA physicians to prescribe medical cannabis to patients
Maria McFarland Sánchez-Moreno, executive director of the Drug Policy Alliance said: [With the passing of this bill] “the US is one step closer to ending the devastating harms of marijuana prohibition, which have fallen so heavily on Black and Brown people.” Read the rest of the article here.